Would you like revise, free of charge, for your French GCSE? Try out this Free French GCSE Online Course – French Edexcel – Get top marks at your French GCSE exam ✅
FREE French GCSE Online Course DescriptionFREE French GCSE Revision course
Module 8 – Un oeil sur le monde
Edexcel GCSE (0-1) French higher
Would you like to revise for your French GCSE from the comfort of your home ?
Would you like something fun and interactive like watching videos, listening to podcasts, doing quiz, using flashcards and online games?
Would you like to learn from a native French speaker?
Would you like to get top marks at your French GCSE ?
Then you are at the right place!
One new lesson every week and we will revise in turn :
Unité 1 – Notre planète
☞ Discussing problems facing the world
☞ Making connections between word types
Unité 2 – Protéger l’environnement
☞ Talking about protecting the environment
☞ Using the modal verbs pouvoir and devoir in the conditional
Unité 3 – D’où vient ton tee-shirt ?
☞ Discussing ethical shopping
☞ Using the passive
Unité 4 – Je suis solidaire
☞ Talking about volunteering
☞ Using indirect object pronouns
Unité 5 – Les grands évènements
☞ Discussing big events
☞ Giving arguments for and against
FREE French GCSE Online course Objectives
- Get top marks at your French GCSE Exam
- Learn your vocabulary easily using flashcards
- Revise French grammar in a fun way
- Learn to speak French using my interactive videos and podcast
FREE French GCSE Online Course Audience
- French GCSE Students wishing to get top grades at their French GCSE exams
- Adults wishing to freshen up their French
- Anyone interested in brushing up their French knowledge and talking about every day subjects
FREE French GCSE Online course Pre-requisite
Some knowledge of French. This is not a course for total beginners 🙂
Access it now using the below link:FREE French GCSE Revision course
Try out the full French GCSE Course
French GCSE Full Course available using the below link:French GCSE Course
This is an online training, fully interactive with a progress bar to monitor your progress. It is made up of a selection of videos, audios, texts and interactive exercises such as:
- Select the right answer from the drop down menu
- Match the picture to the description
- Type in the right answer
- True or false etc…
This is what you will get when you log into your course :
- Before you start : This helps you learn the instructions in French so that you can understand them.
This French e-learning course is based on the French Edexcel study book and consists of 7 different topics :
- My friends, my family and I
- Describe my family
- Talking about my friends and I
- The person I admire
- Leisure activities
- Cinema, TV, Reading
- Exclusive video : ‘Pensez-vous qu’internet a tué la lecture?’
- My region
- Describe your region
- What would you like to do in your area
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of your area?
- Exclusive video : ‘Qu’est-ce que vous aimez dans votre région?’
- My holidays
- What I do on holiday
- What I did on holiday last year
- At the restaurant
- My school
- Describe my school and my favourite subjects
- Compare the school system in France and in the UK
- Exclusive videos: ‘Aimes-tu l’école et pourquoi?’ + ‘Quelle est ta matière préférée?’
- My ambitions
- Jobs and future ambitions
- What would you like to do after school?
- Exclusive videos: ‘Quelles ambitions avez-vous dans la vie?’ / ‘Quel est votre emploi idéal?’
- The environment
- What is most important in life
- What should you do to protect the environment?
- Exclusive video : ‘Que faites-vous pour protéger l’environnement?’
You will also be encouraged to develop your speaking and listening skills, giving you the confidence you need to test out their conversational abilities for real.
Speaking activities are practices using speaking frames and interactive videos.
In every lesson, there will be a ‘describe the picture exercise’ to practice for the speaking exam ✅
3. Vocabulary bank : All the essential vocabulary for each topic has been prepared in the app Quizlet : to help you learn the vocabulary in a fun way; you will find all the links there
4. Grammar : French conjugation does not need to be hard. Here is a colour-coded user-friendly 24 and 80 verb conjugation table in French to help you understand French conjugation in one eye blink
5. Speaking exam preparation :
This module is dedicated to make you practice for you speaking exam, you will find here :
- About the exam : Exam information and tips
- Role Play practice
- 5 Role-play practice cards
- What you will see on the card
- What you will be asked
- What good answers could look like
- Picture-based task
- 10 picture-based tasks on the different French GCSE topics
- Essential vocabulary
- What you will be asked
- What good answers could look like
- 13 speaking frames based on typical French GCSE questions to help you learn easily and recycle vocabulary from one topic to the next to make your learning more efficient.
6. Literature: Here you will find a poem by Arthur Rimbaud with the listening to help you immerse in French literature.
The grammar part :
This course’s aim is to show you the grammar in a situation and then give you the opportunity to interpret the rules and practice in different types of exercises, such as type in the correct answer.
- Conjugate the ER, IR and RE verbs.
- The present tense, the perfect tense, the passé composé, the pluperfect, the future simple and the futur proche, the conditional and the modal verbs in French.
- The adjective and possessive pronouns.
- The demonstrative pronouns.
- The ‘Y’ in French.
- The linking words
- And much more …
The functions :
On top of learning to introduce yourself, you will also learn to express your opinions, talk about your likes and dislikes, talk about your future plans and use French idioms to add creative language (which earns you extra points) and speak French like a native.
The bonus parts :
- The music : a selection of videos of French singers with interactive exercises to immerse you in French culture
The benefits of this course :
All the information you need in a user-friendly, interactive and fun format. The learning has been structured, simplified and summarized by a professional and experienced teacher in a straight-to-the point delivery to enable you to spend less time on revising for your French GCSE exam and enable you to have more time to do the things you like. Get top marks at your French GCSE, make your friends and family proud but don’t waste your time or be bored, this is our motto. Learn French the easy and friendly way with a real teacher , Lara, without spending thousands of pounds on private lessons *.
* Typically you would need two years of private tutoring to prepare for your French GCSE exams. Good tutors cost about £50 an hour, one hour per week is the minimum.
👩🏫 ‘I want you to be happy with the course, why don’t you try out the demo version first and see if this is for you’ ☞ Link to the demo version page.
The objectives of this course are ultimately to get top marks at your French GCSE exams and to get there, these are the individual objectives :
- Master the vocabulary you need to express yourself in writing and orally on the 7 French GCSE topics
- Know how to structure your conversation, add your opinion and express yourself in the present, past and future
- Understand the core grammar and be able to use it correctly in every day conversational situations
- Immerse yourself in French culture and add personal experience to your essay or conversation.
- Be prepared and thus confident in your oral and writing exam.
- Speak French in an intelligible way and add creative language to get you additional marks
- Understand the gist and details of a conversation in French on the individual French GCSE topics
This is aimed at
- French GCSE students who have a basic knowledge of French and want to get their French to French GCSE standards
- Teenagers and adults who want to revise French and be able to learn it in every day situations
- Professional who want to be able to communicate in French for their jobs and be able to attend a job interview in French
- Travelers who wish to visit French speaking countries
This is not a course for beginners and the required minimum level would be a A2 which is ‘advanced beginners’ on the CECRL scale (European scale of language learning) and the idea is to move up to B1 level which is ‘intermediate’ level in French. A level of French which is deemed to be fluent enough to be an independent speaker and this is what you will be able to do as a B1 level :
- Is able to understand the main points of clear texts in standard language if they are about topics with which they are familiar, whether in work, study or leisure contexts.
- Can cope with most of the situations that might arise on a trip to areas where the language is used.
- Is able to produce simple, coherent texts about topics with which they are familiar or in which they have a personal interest.
- Can describe experiences, events, wishes and aspirations, as well as briefly justifying opinions or explaining plans.
Join the course now !